Monday, November 5, 2012

WB releases Vitaphone Shemp shorts on DVD

On November 20, WB Archive will release The Vitaphone Comedy Collection Vol 1 which features all the Vitaphone two-reelers with Shemp Howard as a supporting player.  As a bonus, also included are the four solo Vitaphone shorts starring Fatty Arbuckle.  Presumably, Volume 2 will collect all of Shemp's starring Vitaphone shorts, and one can only hope for a bonus, it will also include the four surviving MGM shorts starring Ted Healy and the Three Stooges (currently under WB ownership).  If you would like to write or email WB Archive to thank them for releasing the Shemp shorts, or to encourage them to include the four MGM Healy and Stooges shorts on Volume 2,  the contact info is

Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522
Phone: 818-954-6000
email:  http://www.warnerbros.com/help/customer-service.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to be a knucklehead when i'm growing up, thanks WB it's great news it is finally here at long last!

Gernot said...

This whole blog is GREAT! I just found out you've got this thing! I hardly pop up at MySpace anymore, and that's why I didn't see it before. If you want, Cap, I'm on Facebook, and have my own blog too! I'm TRYING to figure out how to link yours up on mine, but I THINK you may have to have a "Follow This Blog" link on YOUR page!

Check out MY blog here:

http://mycomicboardbanners.blogspot.com/

Gernot... :)